Trackmania is celebrating its 20th anniversary with an array of new content and engaging activities.
On November 21st, 2003, Trackmania made its debut, introducing the gaming world to “fun and addictive” online races, fueled by player-created content and featuring groundbreaking multiplayer technology with a no-collision approach. The first title showcased three iconic environments: Desert, Rally, and Snow, known as the “Trackmania Original environments”.
Fast forward 20 years, 14 installments, and 48 million players, we are delighted to unveil the “Original Trilogy” coming to Trackmania through mini-remakes accessible directly in the game. This is made possible by a new feature allowing the Stadium car to transform into the 3 historic cars.
- The first of the three upcoming episodes, released today, introduces the Snow car, which plays like its 2003 counterpart with modern twists.
- In addition, a new type of competitive road surface – wood – has been developed, providing a new unique gameplay experience to the Stadium car.
- To complement these new racing features, rediscover the Asian atmosphere from the initial Snow environment thanks to 100 new 3D blocks and items created for the occasion.
Accompanying this exciting content drop, we are hosting various live activities with Trackmania goodies prizes:
- Tonight (and tomorrow), at 7PM CET, a very special Track Of The Day will kick off the celebration with the Cup Of The Day, as well as the Snow Discovery campaign of 15 tracks.
- A group of 10 streamers, including Bren, Karlberg, Lars, Majijej, SBVille, Spam, TrilluXe, Wingobear, Wirtual, and Yannex, will craft their own track, forming a unique streamers campaign that will be released on December 4th. Until then, check out your favorite streamers’ Twitch channel to follow their mapping, and start playing their track in their in-game clubs!
- These same tracks will be featured in the Trackmania 20th-anniversary competition on December 18th where you will be able to compete.
- On November 29, Ubisoft News will livestream the Cup of the Day at 6:30PM CEST/9:30AM PT, joined by Trackmania Producer Augustin De Vita and Content Manager Ayrton Lemaire.
Additionally, the studio held a car-skinning contest in honor of the 20th anniversary, and players can now head over to the in-game Ubisoft Nadeo club to check out the top 10 player-crafted skins, chosen by a jury of community members and Nadeo staff.
To add the perfect finishing touch, don’t miss the Trackmania World Championship Finals. They will be broadcasted live from ZQSD studios in Montpellier next weekend, spanning from November 24th to 26th! We invite everyone to connect online, encourage and cheer for their champions! Catch the entire event on the Twitch channels of Trackmania and teams’ streamers. All info are available in the dedicated news article.
The celebration will continue into 2024, as the Rally environment is slated to return on April 1 with the Spring campaign, and Desert will re-emerge starting July 1 as part of the Summer campaign.